Best Dentist in Nolensville, TN Provides Quality Dental Crowns
Nolensville, TN – March 9, 2021. Mill Creek Dental is offering services aimed at providing patients with quality dental crowns in Nolensville, TN.
What Is the Purpose of Dental Crowns?
A dental crown is a form of ‘tooth cap’ a cosmetic dentist bonds to a tooth that has been significantly decayed or damaged. They fit over your tooth, covering the surface above your gum line. This provides your tooth with a fully functional chewing surface, protects it against further decay and damage, and makes it more attractive.
Dentists often use dental crowns in situations such as:
- Cosmetic restoration of a tooth that is unsuited for veneering
- Root canal restoration
- Restoring a tooth that has been weakened by several amalgam or composite fillings
- Mending a cusp fracture of your tooth
What Are the Advantages of Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns can be used for both medical and cosmetic dentistry purposes and offer patients several advantages, including:
- They help relieve the pain you experience from decayed or damaged teeth.
- Dental crowns can reduce tooth sensitivity, allowing you to enjoy eating and drinking without any pain.
- They are custom-made for each patient.
- Dental crowns resemble your natural teeth, making it difficult for people to differentiate the two.
- Depending on the material the dentist uses and how well you maintain your dental crowns, they can last up to 15 years.
- They restore your tooth’s appearance, correcting cracks, chips, fractures, discoloration, staining, and crookedness instantly.
The Dental Crown Procedure
Contrary to what you might think, getting a dental crown is not an intense or complicated procedure; the process is straightforward and minimally invasive. Ultimately, it depends on whether the dentist will opt for a same-day or multi-day procedure.
Dr. Jared Anway will examine the tooth that needs a crown by taking an x-ray or a mold of the tooth. They will then prepare it for the crown. This often involves cleaning the enamel, removing the damaged parts, and shaping the tooth to enable it to hold the crown securely.
They will then make an impression of the tooth, as well as the surrounding teeth. If you are undergoing a multi-day procedure, the dentist will fit you with a temporary crown while a dental laboratory prepares the permanent crown. This often takes about two weeks. Once the permanent crown is ready, you will return to the dentist’s office, and they will remove the temporary crown and permanently cement the new crown to your tooth.
If it is a same-day procedure, Dr. Anway will create the crown in-house in a few hours and cement it into place with a strong bonding cement.
For More Information
To get more information on the quality dental crowns and other cosmetic dentistry services Mill Creek Dental offers Nolensville, TN residents, contact their dental clinic in Nolensville TN at (615)819-1895 today. The experienced, passionate, and friendly team is more than happy to speak to you.